Today, I will be writing on what you should do with your youthful age. I hope many people get clarity from this blog and many others are encouraged to continue doing great things for God.
I will love to start this blog by telling a story about myself. Right from university days, I had always wanted more from life. I mean the picture of getting a good job, living comfortably, getting married to a man who is the best thing after chocolate😋 and having children was just too shallow for me. I knew there had to be more but you know what? I had no idea what the MORE was all about. I also had no idea how I was supposed to step into more.
I am still on the journey to discovering more but I will be sharing a few things I have learnt on the journey by the help of the Holy Spirit.
Before we proceed, I will like to highlight some things that makes youthful age attractive to the spirit realm:
- It is the age of strength Proverbs 20:29a
- It is the age of teachability Psalms 71:17
- It is the age of seeing visions Joel 2:28
There are lots more but I will like to capitalise on these 3. A kingdom that wants to prosper needs these 3 things as they are strong tools in the hands of the one who controls the Kingdom.
Our youths are majorly targeted by the Kingdom of darkness for these 3 reasons. Once the strength is a youth is hijacked by the Kingdom of darkness, He is empowered to do a lot of bad things with his strength. An example is what happened with the hoodlums in the ENDSARS protest. We didn’t see any old man/woman as the case may be in their midst because the strength of the old is limited. The same thing goes for teachability and seeing visions. Once a youth is taught evil things and he imbibes it, He acts on that knowledge. Also, a country that has visionary youths will go far.
I had to remind us of these things above so we can understand the importance of youthful age.
It is a little sad however that most youths just live life without direction. They are fine as long as they hustle. We call it the “hustling spirit“. We tell ourselves “It is fine even if I just have few minutes of intimacy with God daily. He understands that I have to hustle for my daily bread“.
For others, they are in a position where I was a few years back. Knowing there was more but not knowing what more means. If you are in this position, I pray that you receive clarity to start the journey to more.
Some others are in a state of overwhelm, they are full of activities here and there. They have so many roles they have to juggle. They do all these things yet there is no fulfilment whatsoever. Today, receive the wisdom to balance your time.
Going straight on, what should you be doing in your youthful age?
There is only one thing to do and that is partnering with God to ensure His agenda is accomplished right here on earth.
As simple as this answer is, it has a lot of children because even though God’s agenda is one, it has various branches. There are different mountains of influence that God is looking for partners. Mountains such as Arts and Entertainment, Government, Education, Media, Religion, Family, Business/Economy and lots more. So there is a lot of work to be done!
Someone might then ask how do I partner with God?
You can partner with God in the following ways:
- Raise prayers for clarity of the vision He wants to hand over to you for the now.
- Read wide and far on what others who have gone before you have done in that field. This is what I mean. If God is calling you to raise sexually pure children for Him, you need to know those who have done that before, study them and know your portion in it because you see no vision is just starting out. It is a continuous work. We are only invited to do our own part and release the baton to another.
- Pray! Pray!! Pray!!! I can’t overemphasize this. A lot of things happen in the place of prayer. Business ideas and ideas that will transform the world or the spheres of life you are sent to can be downloaded in the place of fellowship.
- Your finances. You can sow your money into fertile grounds where lives can be transformed for God while you are still trying to get clarity of what God will have you step into. You see that a mission-focused ministry around you needs funds and you are capable of giving something, please give. Your Father’s business (God) cannot be in lack while you have abundance. C’mon!
- Volunteer: This is a powerful tool that works. You can maximize your youthful age by volunteering. See ehn, even if you do not seem to know yourself, you will discover yourself in the place of service. Throw yourself into service and grow.
I will also like to address the issue of overwhelm. I know that there are a lot of amazing men and women handling big things here and can’t seem to carry it all at once. I am here with good news. You don’t even have to carry it yourself as help is available.
A mentor once said, “If any area of your life is not working, it is because you lack the wisdom needed for that area.”
To master your time and address overwhelm, you need to do the following:
- Identify what you do with your time.
- Identify the activities that consume your time.
- Prioritize the activities and draw out a priority list. You can prioritize your activities by asking yourself the following questions:
- How important is this activity?
- Does doing this make me better or give me fulfilment knowing it makes others better?
- How urgent is this activity?
- Stop procrastinating!!! I just couldn’t get anything done because I always procrastinated. I decided to take the matter to God, and he has been helping. You can also decide to try that out too.
- Schedule things. There is time for everything under the heavens, so the scripture says. Scheduling is your best friend. You can actually beat overwhelm when you have your plans for the day drawn out on a paper or itemized on your phone instead of just having it in your head.
To be more specific, how can you maximize your youthful age?
- Surround yourself with a community of go-getters. A community where everyone is encouraged to become the best versions of themselves. A community where your goals and dreams are challenged.
- Take up a coaching class: I was never a preacher of this until I tasted it and my life changed. I will confess to you that coaching opened my eyes to see that I could become more. We have a lot of godly personal transformation coaching company out there. The basis of their teaching is Christ and they are doing an amazing job. Let me give you an inside gist. They will actually not throw Jesus in your face but give you real models and principles that work but if you are a person of the Spirit, you will be able to tell the difference. Don’t tell anyone I told you that oh.
- Read to expand your mind. I can’t stretch this enough. Read! Read!! Read!!! Read books on finance. Read books on emotional wellness. Read books on personal development. Read books on parenting. Read books on how to be a better wife/husband-in-waiting or just a better wife/husband. Read and expand your horizons. We are in the decade of knowledge, please ride on this.
- Walk closely with the Holy Spirit and let Him teach you how to become like Christ. In the process of becoming like Christ, burdens are handed over to you so you can mature. You begin to do great things as well even in the process of becoming.
I am a lady who is passionate about encouraging others to step out of mediocrity. I encourage people to leave their comfort zone and step into the stretch street. So I close with this charge…
Dear Youth, you are created for MORE. You were not sent here to just be a WIFE/HUSBAND, MOTHER/FATHER, ENTREPRENEUR or CAREER WOMAN/MAN. You have gifts locked inside of you that the world needs for its transformation. You are not called to complacence. Christ lived an exemplary life of excellence. He did not do a shabby work of being the Saviour of the world. He worked with the Holy Spirit to fulfil God’s agenda. God is calling you into partnership. He wants to leverage on your pain to reach others. You don’t have to worry about how this will happen. Just stay with God and allow Him to take you through your growth plan. Dear EPIC lady/guy, you are created for greater things than these. A lot of women/men have stepped into God’s purpose and are living their lives bringing others to God to also discover and fully explore their potentials in God. You are no different from them. The only thing that differentiates you from them is that they dared to be MORE and sought God for MORE. You can do that too. This generation is waiting for your A-game. We hope you don’t disappoint us by saying no to God’s invitation to live a bigger and higher life. You are a woman/man with lots of potentials. You are called to MORE. Let God introduce you to you.Teemag 2020.
I love and celebrate the amazing individual you are growing into. See you at the top.